The Business Environmental Resource Center (BERC) introduces the
Sacramento Area Sustainable Business Program
- Review the certification criteria and checklists.
Fill out the checklists indicating the suggested measures or practices you select. Once implemented, submit your completed checklists for review.
- Allow program staff to verify the selected measures and track your progress by setting up a site visit at your place of business. Once certified, your business will be presented with a certificate and window placard indicating the level of certification.
- Submit a business description, a business logo, and a picture of your choice. These will be used on the Sacramento Area Sustainable Business website where your business will gain free advertising.
What are the benefits of being a Sacramento Area Sustainable Business
- Free assistance in making changes to your business
- Free advertising and promotion
- Cost savings through improved efficiency, energy and water conservation, and waste reduction
- Community recognition of your voluntary efforts to improve our environment
- The opportunity to gain recognition in the SB quarterly newsletter
- The opportunity to gain recognition through SB annual awards ceremony
- The potential to reduce your carbon footprint and lower greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. Check an online carbon calculator.
For additional program information please call (916) 874-2100, to learn more on how your business can become Sustainable Business.
|Transportation and Air Quality
||Sacramento Laundry Company|
|Sacramento Metropolitan Fire District
||Quick Quack Car Wash|
|Spot-On Signs & Graphics
||Capitol Energy Systems|
|California Product Stewardship Council
||General Truss Company|
Solid Waste Reduction
|Casa Bella Verde
City of Elk Grove Special Waste
Do You Know a Deserving Business or Non-profit Organization
The Sacramento Area Sustainable Business Program promotes businesses that adopt environmentally friendly practices, prevent pollution, and conserve resources. The Annual Awards honors the top performers in the program who have implemented outstanding achievements in Energy Conservation, Water Conservation, Pollution Prevention, Solid Waste Reduction, Green Building and Transportation/Air Quality. Check back for our nomination form here in January of 2015.
Visit the Green Sacramento County Map here.
The Sacramento Area Sustainable Business program assists businesses and public agencies in taking steps to prevent pollution and conserve resources. Certified sustainable businesses and public agencies may display the Sacramento Area Sustainable Business placard on their premises and in their advertising. The Sustainable Business Program markets the logo so that consumers can identify environmentally responsible businesses. The public’s growing environmental awareness represents purchasing power that can motivate businesses to become sustainable.
The Program, staffed by the Business Environmental Resource Center (BERC) facilitates participation by:
The genesis of the Sacramento Area Sustainable Business Program began with the Sacramento Pollution Prevention (P2) Awards in 1995. Over 100 businesses and government agencies were honored with a yearly P2 award through 2006. In 2007, the Business Environmental Resource Center merged the P2 Awards and the Sacramento Green Business program into the Sustainable Business Program.